The University of Pittsburgh Cancer Institute (UPCI) and UPMC Cancer Centers Volunteer and Community Services are coord-inating the American Cancer Society’s Daffodil Days sale for UPMC staff in Allegheny County. Last year, more than $45,000 was raised — the largest amount given by any organization that participated in the fundraiser.
2011 Daffodil Days products
• A bunch of 10 daffodils is $10.
• Mini-potted daffodils are $12. Each four-inch, foil-wrapped pot includes three to four bulbs in potting soil.
• Collectible vase and a bunch is $15. The clear, etched-glass vintage vase is six inches tall with a three-inch opening and is accompanied by a bunch of 10 fresh-cut daffodils. Vases are not sold separately.
• Boyd’sTM Bear and a bunch is $25. The bear, named Liv N. Hope, sits 10 inches tall and comes accompanied by a bunch of 10 fresh-cut daffodils. Bears are not sold separately.
• Gift of Hope — varying amounts. For every $10 donation, one bunch of daffodils will be delivered anonymously to a patient at a local hospital, treatment center, or nursing home in our community.
• Project CARE is $25. The Boyd’s Bear, Liv N. Hope, will be delivered anonymously to a patient at Children’s Hospital of Pittsburgh of UPMC.
All orders and payments must be received by Friday, Feb. 11. The Gift of Hope and Project Care donations are tax deductible. Visit http://www.upmccancercenters.com/daffodil for more information, or contact Lisa Huntley at 412-623-4636.